This evening’s soup supper has been cancelled in order to exercise caution and slow the spread of COVID 19.
Vespers will go ahead as scheduled at 6:30 PM in the Sanctuary. I encourage you to come and use smart practices: washing hands, refrain from handshakes, and stay home if you are ill or considered high risk.
The following are recommendations from King County Department of Health:
Public Health recommends that people at higher risk of severe illness should stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible, including public places with lots of people and large gatherings where there will be close contact with others. This includes concert venues, conventions, sporting events, and crowded social gatherings.
People at higher risk include people:
- Over 60 years of age
- With underlying health conditions including include heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- With weakened immune systems
- Who are pregnant
For public gatherings:
- Urge anyone who is sick to not attend.
- Encourage those who are at higher risk for coronavirus to not attend.
- Try to find ways to give people more physical space so that they aren’t in close contact as much as possible.
- Encourage attendees to maintain good healthy habits, such as frequent hand washing.
- Clean surfaces with standard cleaners.
For more information head to the Department of Health’s website.